The government has planned to accommodate more than one million tourists during this year. The government has officially announced to inaugurate public-relation program for Visit Nepal Year 2018 in the plans and policy of fiscal year 2016/2017 to backup and give a good foundation for the year 2018 to be promoted as Visit Nepal 2018 in both domestic and around the world.
This is a good news for a country in distress who is suffering from a upsetting earthquake of 2015 along with bitter India blockade from 23 September 2015 as a welcome gift to Nepal for its New Constitution which makes Nepal officially as Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. The blockade results in fuel crisis in Nepal for both vehicles and cooking along with import and export of goods from the borders of India and Nepal leading to high economic and monetary loss for Nepal which will take years to overcome.
The government had announced this agenda of Visit Nepal 2018 officially in house of Parliament in 8May2016 showing the strong willingness to accommodate one million tourists in year 2018. The preparation and beginning activities from visit Nepal 2018 will start from fiscal year 2016/2017 to promote and market it in both domestic and international regions.
The following are some excerpts from the government white papers that was announced for the fiscal year 2016/2017 for Visit Nepal 2018.
- Government will emphasis on upgrading the current tourist destinations along with identification of new tourist destinations, developing infrastructure and market the destinations in both domestic and international regions.
- The government will implement 10-year National Tourism Plan followed by promotional programmes for inviting tourists to visit Nepal.
- Nepal Year 2073 B.S will be celebrated as internal/domestic visit year followed by developing one prime location as a central tourist center in every province of Nepal and the preservation of the heritage sites for religious tourism.
- The permits for trekking and mountaineering will be granted from same location or same window followed by implementing mobile information system on tourism destination. The government will setup up weather forecasting and rescue center in Himalayan regions like Everest and Annapurna regions.
- Government will advance the work of National Cultural Museum in Kathmandu valley and current Narayanhiti Museum will be developed as a Historical Museum of Nepal. The government will preserve and protect the ancient religious and cultural centers of Nepal followed by developing one modal cultural village will be developed in every province of Nepal.
- The government will link three places from Nepal with the International Buddhist Circuit which are Lumbini as the birth place of Lord Buddha, Kechana of Jhapa district as Buddhist religious region and the lowest or deepest region of Nepal which is 60 meters above sea level and Damak as the region of world’s tallest Buddha Statue.
- The government has further announced the construction of airports and helipads in rural areas of Nepal along with renovation of old and closed airports and helipads followed by concept of one international airport in each province of Nepal.
- The government will upgrade the current status of Tribhuvan International Airport followed by two more international airport named as Gautam Buddha International Airport and Pokhara Regional International Airport. Another new airport named as Bara International Airport is proposed which will started with land acquisition and separation of that land from other activities to start planning map for airport.
- The civil aviation’s safety standard will be upgraded following the guidelines of international standards along with upgraded radar system. The Nepal Airlines Corporation will be improved and new steps will be carried to enhance the image of Nepal Airlines Corporation.
The Visit Nepal 2018 year will be full of tourist activities all year round related to promotion, invitation, marketing to attract both domestic and international tourists. The Visit Nepal 2018 will focus on Nepal to be one of the best adventure travel/tour destination of the world. Some of the major tourist activities highlighted during Visit Nepal 2018 are trekking, climbing, rafting, paragliding, mountain biking, jungle safari, bird watching, hiking, sightseeing e.t.c. The Visit Nepal 2018 will help to relieve the Nepal Tourism Industry and whole Nepal with the bitter experience of earthquake and India blockade. The tourists will visit the popular tourist destinations with accessible reach and affordable stay during Visit Nepal 2018. Some of the popular and recommended tour packages with special discounts and offers during Visit Nepal 2018 are listed below.
Recommended tour packages for Visit Nepal 2018
- Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Everest View Trekking
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
- Ghorepani-Poon Hill Trekking
- Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- Upper Mustang Trekking
- Langtang Valley Trekking
- Tamang Heritage Trekking
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking
- Makalu Base Camp Trekking
- Tsum Valley Trekking
- Manaslu Circuit Trekking
- Upper Dolpo Trekking
- Lower Dolpo Trekking
- Rolwaling Valley Trekking
- Rara Lake Trekking
- Pathibhara Trekking
- Chitwan Jungle Safari
- Bardia Jungle Safari
- Kathmandu Pokhara Chitwan Tour
- Kathmandu Pokhara Tour
- Muktinath Tour
- Pokhara Tour
- Kathmandu Tour
- Lumbini Tour
- Nepal Tour
- Everest Climbing Expedition
- Island peak Climbing Expedition
- Lobuche peak Climbing Expedition
- Mera peak Climbing Expedition
- Trishuli River Rafting Expedition
- Sun Koshi Rafting Expedition
- Bhote Koshi Rafting Expedition
- Karnali River Rafting Expedition