Mount Dhualagiri Expediton
Located northwest of the Myagdi district of Nepal, this mound-shaped mountain has 5 ridges and south and west faces, which raise 4000m from their base camp. Although the majority of the climbs are via the first ascent route, that is, the northeast route, the peak can be climbed from almost every direction. It is also one of the most climbed eight-thousanders in Nepal. The route to the summit is technically challenging, which makes it one of the most interesting peaks to climb.
Visit Nepal 2020 provides complete service for you to successfully complete the expedition. This package ensures bed and breakfast in Kathmandu and three meals plus tea/coffee during the trek and climbing.
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons to plan this expedition. Moreover, other expeditions like Mt. Makalu Expedition, Manaslu Expedition and Mt. Pumori Expedition are also some of the best expedition options in Nepal.
Day 01: Pick Up from Kathmandu Airport and transfer hotel
Day 02: Official formalities, expedition preparation in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Darbang (920m)
Day 04: Trek from Darbang to Dharapani
Day 05: Trek from Dharapani to Muri
Day 06: Trek from Muri to Bagar
Day 07: Trek from Bagar to Doban
Day 08: Trek from Dovan to Sallaghari
Day 09: Trek from Sallaghari to Italy Base Camp
Day 10: Trek from Italy base camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m)
Day 11-41: Climbing Period (Summit Period to Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m)
Day 42: Preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp)
Day 43: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to down Yak Kharka(3680m
Day 44: Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom(2710m)
Day 45: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 46: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours
Day 47: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 48: Final departure
- Arrival and departure transfers by private car
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast (4*deluxe)
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- One day guided city tour in Kathmandu valley
- Jomsom to Pokhara air tickets
- All meals (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast) during the trek
- Accommodation (Lodge/Guest House) while on a trek
- Trekking Permits and TIMS permits for the trek
- Trekking guide during the trek and climbing Sherpa while climbing
- Required porters and yak to carry luggages and other essentials supplies
- Special climbing permits and its procedure
- Garbage deposit fees
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs during the trip
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication with company staff and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Gamow Bags/Oxygen
- Nepal arrival visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Monument entrance fees while on Kathmandu tour only
- All snacks, energy drinks, mineral water, cigarettes, packed food
- Personal nature items, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal climbing gears
The 7th highest peak in the world and the 5th in Nepal, Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m), is said to be the most interesting and the most formidable peaks among the eight thousand meters. Located north west of Myagdi district of Nepal, this mound shaped mountain has 5 ridges and south and west faces, which rise 4000m from their base camp. Although the majority of the climbs are via the first ascent route, that is, the north east route, the peak can be climbed from almost every direction. It is also one of the most climbed eight thousanders in Nepal. The peak was first successfully climbed by Swiss-Australian team on 13th May 1960. The route to the summit is technically challenging, which makes it one of the most interesting peak to climb.
The Expedition: Total 48 days are required to complete the Dhaulagiri Expedition. The expedition starts with final preparation in Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, we drive to Darbang. From Darbang we trek all the way up to the Dhaulagiri Base Camp at 4700m. About 30 days are required to reach the summit. The ascent will be made via normal route that is via the Northeast Ridge. Four camps will be set before the summit at 5,900m, 6,400m, 7200m and 7500m. Steep climbing is required to reach camp 2 from camp 1, from camp 2 steep ice and snow climbing is required to get to camp 3 located towards the west. From camp 3, we head towards the eastern ridge experiencing strong wind condition, which makes this section of the summit the most difficult section before reaching camp 4. From the fourth camp, if the weather permits, we directly attempt the summit. On the way back, we only walk for two days to Jomsom and take a flight to Pokhara. From Pokhara we drive to Kathmandu.
Amigo Treks and Expedition provides complete service for you to successfully complete the expedition. The company takes the responsibility of organizing all the necessary permits and climbing documentation, travelling logistics, including domestic airfare, ground transportation porters, English speaking guides, food, accommodation and other additional individual services required by mountaineers. Your accommodation will be arranged at deluxe hotel in Kathmandu, lodges during the trek and camping during the summit. This package ensures bed and breakfast in Kathmandu and three meals plus tea/coffee during the trek and climbing. Domestic flights, private vehicles and tourist buses will be used as the means of transportation.
Spring and Autumn are the best season to plan this expedition. However, if you are looking to avoid traffic the expedition can be planned early winter as well. Moreover, other expeditions like Mt. Makalu Expedition, Manaslu Expedition and Mt. Pumori Expedition are also some of the best expedition options in Nepal.