Mount Thulagi Expedition[addthis tool="addthis_inline_share_toolbox_14vu"]
Mount Thulagi Expedition
There are large hanging seracs on either side of the spur, generally makes the route defective and dangerous.
- DAY 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu transfer hotel
- DAY 02 : Preparation of the documents Expedition
- DAY 03 : Briefing expedition in Ministry of tourism by an experts
- DAY 04 : Drive to Besi sahar & Syange
- DAY 05 : Trek Syange to Tal
- DAY 06 : Trek Tal to Dona Khola
- DAY 07 : Trek Dona Lhola to Stone Cottage
- DAY 08 : Trek Stone Cottage to Base camp at Thulangi Lake 4000m.
- DAY 09-25 : CLIMBING PERIOD MOUNT THULAGI 7059M
- DAY 26 : Trek back to Dharapani
- DAY 27 : Trek Dharapani to Syange
- DAY 28 : Drive Syange to Kathmandu
- DAY 29 : Leisure and Resting Day at Kathmandu
- DAY 30 : Final departure to your next destination
EXPEDITION COST INCLUDES
- 5 nights 3 star standard hotels in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Mt. Thulagi Expedition Permit Fee and Annapurna Conservation fee
- Complete camping equipment for trekking & base camp
- Liaison officer and Interpreter
- Food during trekking and Base Camp for Member & Staff
- 1 High Altitude Sherpa every 4 members
- Satellite phone in payable basis (per minute $ 5)
- 2 base camp staff (1 Kitchen Boy & 1 cook) and Dining tent, Table, Chairs, Toilet tent, Mess tent and Kitchen tent
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- Porters to / from the Base camp to carry food and fuel, members climbing gears, and all Base camp equipment
- Porters return from Base Camp carry per member including food & equipment
- Transportation: Drive from Kathmandu to Beni to Kathmandu for members, Sherpa staffs and equipment
EXPEDITION COST EXCLUDES
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry for Nepal.
- International departure tax.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Bar Bills and beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Extra porter US$ 70 each for 30Kg (up to BC & return)
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Garbage Deposit USD $ 2,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage
- Climbing Bonus and summit bonus for climbing sherpa (if you use climbing sherpa)
Mount Thulagi Expedition
On the right bank of the Changli glacier Thulagi base camp is established at 3800m after 5 days of walk from Syange, till there the usual transport carry from Kathmandu, Besisahar and Syange, down before Pungi (6540m) is seen, the trek along the Dudha Khola has been difficult walking. After crossing it close to the Khasonta Khola, it takes 9 to 11 hours through dense forest and complex moraine to reach the base camp, everybody should carry the water from glacier as there’s no water at this site.
Toward the right side of the North West face a prominent snow ice spur is there, it can be traveled from the same line as the Japanese had done it a long ago. There are large hanging seracs on either side of the spur, generally makes the route defective and dangerous. At the start of the seracs and above there the climbing route has been crossed through the broken glacier, based the base camp at 4000m. Where’s there is a little snow and the slope is not steep, above 5000, the angle is creased to 40-50 degree’s elevation with a lot of snow.